Those in Dundee and Angus may be interested in this.
A van is leaving Carnoustie next Wednesday (9th) heading for the refugee camp in Calais.
They are looking for the following to be donated:
- SHELTER – Sleeping bags, tents, blankets, pallets, canvas sheets, tarps.
- CLOTHING – Belts, rucksacks, bags, shoes, socks, underwear, hoodies, waterproofs, jackets, hats, scarfs, gloves, bags, towles, trousers, jeans, t-shirts, jumpers, babys and childrens clothes.
- HYGIENE – Toilet bags, toothbrush, toothpaste, soap, tissues, sanitary products, tissues, toilet roll, mouthwash, razors, shaving foam, brushes, combs, bobbles, shower gel, shampoo and conditioner, deodrant, wet wipes.
- FOOD – Tinned food, rice, pasta, oil, sauces, sugar, flour, packet food, longlife milk, tea, coffee, juice, water, baby milk and food.
- ADDITIONAL – Candles, torches batteries, pots, pans, lighters, cups, baby bottles, anything which will help.
- Carnoustie – Panmure Centre – 141 Kinloch St -10am to 4pm Monday to Friday
- Marianne Scott – 1B Woodside Terrace – 6pm onwards – Ring Buzzer – not Wednesday but any other day
- Monifeith – Seaview Primary School – Ask for Joe Whaite – 10am – 3pm Monday to Friday
- Dundee – Metalurgey – 40 Dock Street – Ask for Kimbo – 10am to 5pm Monday to Saturday
- Arbroath – 61 Dishlandtown Street – Ask for Jilly Anderson
- Duncan of Jordanstone College of Art and Design, reception desk during office hours
- Fluph knitting shop – 164 Blackness Road – during opening hours
Marianne Scott (who I don’t personally know) is organising this and doing the drive. She’s unemployed and using her savings for the petrol and ferry ticket, so financial donations also help. There’s a bank account set up, but probably safest to get details from her rather than for me to post it here.